Other ways to give
There are many ways to make a tax-deductible financial contribution to The Eye-Bank!
Join The Eye-Bank's friends and supporters in celebrating our sight-saving mission at our annual Benefits and events. These events have featured Michelin-star chefs, world-renowned musicians, celebrity hosts, fantastic silent auctions, and delectable food and beverages.
These special events also provide promotional and sponsorship opportunities, ensuring companies are seen by some of NYC's top business professionals and ophthalmologists and representatives from New York's top hospitals.
All event proceeds go to funding The Eye-Bank's life changing programs.
For more information about special events and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Robert Hankins, Major and Planned Gift Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 742-9000 x111.
Make sight restoration your legacy.
Gifts made through estates and trusts allow you to maintain control of your assets while ensuring that your generosity continues to provide the gift of sight for years to come.
Since 1944, tens of thousands of people have had their sight restored because of the generosity of dedicated and thoughtful people who have made The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration part of their estate planning.
The Eye-Bank's Paton Legacy Society was formed to honor founder, R. Townley Paton, M.D., by providing supporters an opportunity to contribute through their wills and trusts.
Monies generated by the Paton Legacy Society are invested in The Eye-Bank's portfolio fund. This income is used to make sight restoration possible by increasing awareness about the need for eye donation and providing eye tissue for transplants and medical research.
For more information about adding The Eye-Bank to your estate or joining the Paton Legacy Society, please contact Robert Hankins, Major and Planned Gift Specialist, at email@example.com or (212) 742-9000 x111.
Gifts of stock and donations made through Donor-Advised Funds (DAF) are a fantastic way to support our mission and they come with a number of financial advantages. As a 501(c)(3) public charity, The Eye-Bank may accept donations through DAFs and gifts of stock.
To donate through your donor-advised fund, provide your DAF institution with the following information:
Name: The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration, Inc.
Address: 120 Wall Street, 3rd Floor
New York City, New York, 10005
Federal Tax ID#: 13-1623998
Gifts of stock may be made through:
The Bank of New York Mellon, National Association (BNY Mellon, N.A.)
Account Name: The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration, Inc.
Phone number for BNY Mellon: (855) 233-4090
For more information on gifts of stock and DAFs, please contact Karen Bardavid, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 742-9000 x130.
Give your social network the opportunity to give the gift of sight!
Setting up a personal fundraiser on social media is an easy way to support The Eye-Bank's sight-saving mission and promote the critical importance of its work.
To set up a Facebook fundraiser, go to https://www.facebook.com/fund/eyebankny/
- Log in to Facebook.
- On the left, click "Fundraisers" (Select "See more" if you don't see "Fundraisers" listed)
- Under Raise Money, Click "Select Non-profit"
- Type into the search bar: Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration and select
- Enter your goal amount
- Click Create
- Email email@example.com notify staff of your fundraiser
To set up an Instagram fundraiser
- Open Instagram and create a new post
- Create or choose your image
- Crop and filter your post
- Tap add fundraiser
- Select eyebankny
- Enter the details for your fundraiser
- Tap Share
To set up a peer-to-peer fundraiser, go to https://www.justgiving.com/eyebankforsightrestorationinc
- Click on “Fundraise for us”
- Select “Sign Up” to create a login
- Let us know if you're raising money in memory in someone
- Select an activity or “Just fundraising”
- Let us know if this is for a special occasion
- Set your fundraising goal
- Fill out your story and why your friends should give
- Add a photo
- Share your page on social media and by email
For more information on social media fundraisers, please contact Karen Bardavid, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 742-9000 x130.
For more information about other ways to give or general questions about contributions, please contact Karen Bardavid, Director of Development, at email@example.com or (212) 742-9000 x130.
All contributions are deductible to the full extent of IRS regulations. Federal Tax ID #13-1623998.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration, a 501(c)(3) public charity, has helped restore sight to more than 70,000 individuals through cornea transplants since its founding in 1944. As an independent non-profit, it relies, in part, on contributions from individuals like you whose generosity enables The Eye-Bank to:
- Give the gift of sight to more than 1,300 individuals every year regardless of age, race, ethnicity or gender.
- Provide eye tissue to clinical researchers working to develop treatments for glaucoma, macular degeneration, and other eye diseases.
- Increase eye and cornea donations through public and professional education and a multi-media marketing program.