SURGEONS AND RESEARCHERS.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration helps surgeons give their patients the beautiful gift of sight. What is important to surgeons is what The Eye-Bank is all about. Ocular tissue provided by The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration is supported by more than 75 years of experience.
Quality Transplant Tissue
- penetrating keratoplasty (PK)
- endothelial keratoplasty (EK)
- anterior lamellar keratoplasty (ALK)
- limbal stem cell transplants
- orbital reconstruction and glaucoma implants.
Quality Research Tissue
- Whole Eyes
- Adult Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial (ahRPE) cell samples. These cells are derived from donor RPE stem cells that are cultured into high quality monolayers in vitro. Monolayers that meet our quality benchmarks (i.e., proper cobblestone morphology and mycoplasma testing) are then dissociated and frozen down into vials. EBSR RPE cells are superior because they are primary cells sourced directly from donor tissue.
- Pre-dissected whole retina, fixed or frozen
- Pre-dissected retinal sub-layers (ie. neurosensory retina, RPE monolayer or choroid), fixed or frozen
- Freshly isolated primary ahRPE in short-term suspension or in live culture.
(View RPE Product Sheet SAMPLE)
- full and partial thickness cornea procedures including DMEK
- ocular reconstructive surgeries
- medical research, education and training.
Qualified Technical Staff
- evaluate donor tissue and screen medical/social history to meet regulatory requirements and standards for quality and safety
- use the latest technology in slit lamp biomicroscopy, specular microscopy and OCT system
- prepare donor corneas for endothelial keratoplasty procedures.
Continuous Quality Improvement
- obtains transplant outcomes
- fully complies with tissue tracking regulations
- incorporates comments and suggestions received from surgeons
- routinely provides continuing education sessions to staff.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration is:
- a founding and accredited member of the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA)
- registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- licensed with the New York State Health Department.
Medical Advisory Board
The Eye-Bank benefits from the advice and counsel of a 24-member Medical Advisory Board of physicians and surgeons who provide our staff with invaluable experience and knowledge of medical issues regarding corneal transplantation and eye disease.