SURGEONS AND RESEARCHERS.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration helps surgeons give their patients the beautiful gift of sight. What is important to surgeons is what The Eye-Bank is all about. Ocular tissue provided by The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration is supported by more than 70 years of experience.
- full and partial thickness cornea procedures including DMEK
- ocular reconstructive surgeries
- medical research, education and training.
- penetrating keratoplasty (PK)
- endothelial keratoplasty (EK)
- anterior lamellar keratoplasty (ALK)
- femtosecond prepared PK tissue (FEK)
- limbal stem cell transplants
- orbital reconstruction and glaucoma implants.
Qualified Technical Staff
- evaluate donor tissue and screen medical/social history to meet regulatory requirements and standards for quality and safety
- use the latest technology in slit lamp biomicroscopy, specular microscopy and OCT system
- prepare donor corneas for endothelial keratoplasty procedures.
Continuous Quality Improvement
- obtains transplant outcomes
- fully complies with tissue tracking regulations
- incorporates comments and suggestions received from surgeons
- routinely provides continuing education sessions to staff.
The Eye-Bank for Sight Restoration is:
- a founding and accredited member of the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA)
- registered with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- licensed with the New York State Health Department.
Medical Advisory Board
The Eye-Bank benefits from the advice and counsel of a 24-member Medical Advisory Board of physicians and surgeons who provide our staff with invaluable experience and knowledge of medical issues regarding corneal transplantation and eye disease.